Where can I get a copy of the Community Trust Declaration

You can obtain a copy from Scanlans Property Management by calling 01612368888 or emailing management@scanlans.com

What should I do if I notice an issue on site or feel that services are not being provided to the correct standard?

The first thing to do is to call Scanlans Property Management and ask to speak with the Property Manager for the development who is Andrew Smith. His details can be found on the contacts page of this website. Although regular site inspections are carried out we as Managing Agents rely upon residents to be our eyes and ears on the development to inform us of issues they notice so as we can put them right straight away. If you pay by monthly standing order do not cancel your payments as this could lead to collection proceedings being initiated. The vast majority of issues can be resolved quickly by a phone call to Scanlans.

Why does the Landscape Contractor not remove the grass once it has been cut?

In accordance with the Landscape Management Plan as set out by The National Trust the Landscape Contractor must leave all grass cuttings in situ (with the exception of the first cut of the year) in order to protect new grass as it germinates and grows.

Whose responsibility is it to fix the street lights?

Across the development there are many lighting columns. Any lighting column with a green number on it is maintained by the Management Company. This includes repairing and replacing the bulbs along with paying for the electricity to power them.

Any lighting column that does not have a green number on it is either adopted or due to be adopted by the Local Authority.

When do I have to pay my Service Charge and what is my Service Charge money spent on?

Service charge money is charged annually and is due to be paid before 1st January each year. Once collected this money is spent on the maintenance of the Estate. Every owner on the development contributes to this. Items that this money is spent on are as follows:

  • Provision of Landscape Management Plan
  • Specialist Consultants
  • General Repairs and Maintenance
  • Fencing Repairs/Maintenance
  • Tree Replacement and Planting
  • Play Equipment Repair and Replacement
  • Lighting Maintenance
  • Communal Electricity
  • Management Fee
  • Third Party and Employers Liability Insurance
  • Waste Removal